Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Chest Day and Lunch Cardio

Lately, I've been waking up in the morning where my lower back has felt like it's on the verge of going out.  However, I've just been very careful with certain movements where I think that's helped to keep it from doing so.  It even bothered me in yesterday's ride, but it didn't seem to have much impact other than discomfort in the beginning.  This morning was just more of the same. 

I still managed to get in the gym this morning despite how my back felt, but I definitely had my weight belt cinched up good.  I also made sure that I was breathing properly through every exercise.  During my chest workout, my focus was speed.  While I been working fast explosive moments for a while, I don't know if I always make a mental connection to ensure that I push or pull as fast as I can.  Today, I made such a connection and had a pretty good workout.  I did also do my lower back and abs despite my back issue where it doesn't seem to hurt anything.  In fact, it helped to keep the area warm so now that I'm at home, it feels okay.

For lunch today, I was contemplating on running again, but with my back bothering me, I don't know if that's a good thing.  When I used to run before, I had thrown out my back a couple times just because the pounding is so harsh to my spine.  If I don't spin, I'll be in the spin room.  I feel much better today vs. last week since I only did 40 miles yesterday (to rest), so I'm hoping for a better week cycling-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment