Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Restarted Weight Training, New Approach and Lunch Cycling

After taking some time off from the weights since last Thursday, I woke up this morning wondering if I should just one more day.  I really wanted to stay in bed, but last night, I was committed to return to the gym today, so off I went.  I started my workout schedule from the beginning, which means today was my chest day.  I had a decent workout, but I feel like I had a diminished breathing capacity.  Lisa had mentioned she noticed I was wheezing the other day when I slept, so I don't know if I have a bug.  I'm not showing any other symptoms though, so I'll assume it was just from being really tired from my ride on Sunday. 

Speaking of my ride on Sunday, I'm getting a little tired of coming up with excuses, so I won't.  I don't think I did very well, and I was spinning on my low gears more than I wanted.  I don't even want to try to figure it out, but I am trying to change my workout schedule where I will start taking it easy vs. going hard M-F.  Weight-wise, it'll still be the same, but the cycling will be high and low intensity.  Since races start this week, I'll also be skipping my leg workouts for a while. 

For lunch today, I hope to try out the new wheels/Power tap and see how they feel.  The roads are quite wet, but I think they'll dry out enough for a ride out with the guys.  If for some reason the roads are still wet, I'll jump in the spin class.  My legs feel better after I spun on a Lifecycle stationary bike yesterday for an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment