Friday, February 24, 2012

Trying to Train Less...For a Little Bit Anyway

After Wednesday's spin, not even a class led one since it was cancelled, I felt horrible.  Although I had a good solo session and sweated up a storm, I just felt like I was nauseated and almost went home after.  Seeing as how I've been taxing my body so much lately, and with my HR staying pegged during rides, I thought it would behoove me to find some way to not train so much.  I make it sound as though it's hard not to train, and the reality is, it is.  I love to train and it's easier to follow a routine than deviate from it when that's all I've been doing for a while.  However, since I've been unable to shake this "deep" feeling of fatigue, what I've decided to do was skip  my morning weight workouts and get more sleep.  That's what I've done the last 2 days.  I can't not be active though, so I did go on a lunch ride  yesterday.  The guys let me get away with a lower intensity ride, albeit  a BRCM lower intensity lunch ride is probably not really low.  At least my HR wasn't pegged again.

For today, I do plan on getting in a spin class, but the rest from this morning hopefully will make it less painful.  I'll try to take it easy in there as well. 

Although I know a longer rest session would be good, I'm feeling better already.  We do have plans to ride up Baldy on Sunday so hopefully, I'll be up to par by then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment