Friday, March 2, 2012

Arms, Lunch Cardio and Wheel Evaluation

Lisa didn't get up with me this morning to go to the gym, so it was tempting to stay in bed under the premise that I need to take it easy.  That didn't stick though, so I got up and made it to the gym despite the 39 degree temperature outside.  I did some high rep arm workout and did the most dips I've ever done.  I think I was pretty fresh though when I did it.  Good conditioning workout. 

Since I exercised 3 times yesterday and subsequently had a stomach ache last night, I'm not sure what my plans are for today's cardio.  I don't feel tired though, so I may do a light cardio.  However, I do like doing spin class, so I may just do that. 

On a cycling note, I'm really starting to love my wheels.  I rode home yesterday and it was my first one-on-one time with it.  It's lateral stiffness is quite noticeable and very reminiscent of Noah's wheels.  After putting Pro Race 700x23, they also seem to work better for me where they feel more familiar.  One area that seems different from Noah's was how they didn't seem have me bouncing around as much.   This seems contrary to the lateral stiffness, but that's what I noticed.  Lastly, the braking on these wheels are so much better than when I had the Spinergy wheels on.  They are definitely more quiet and the braking is reminiscent of aluminum.  I think aluminum still has a little more grip, but these Reynolds definitely inspire a lot of stopping confidence.  Great wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment