Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Morning Cardio with Lunch Shoulders

Rather than working out with weights in the morning, I opted for the ideal where I got my cardio out of the way.  I say ideal because cardio in the morning after a cup of coffee is best for burning fat since glycogen levels are depleted from the overnight fast.  The reason I did my cardio first, however, was just so I can give my legs enough time to rest for tomorrow night's crit.  They feel better today albeit with some slight discomfort still, but nowhere near as bad as it had been the last few days.  They didn't hold up as well as I had hoped for yesterday's ride, but maybe after giving them a whole day's rest, they'll be good.

I do plan on doing weights at lunch time but there is a possibility I may skip since today is my wife's birthday.  If she opts to come join me for lunch, I'll go and push out my shoulder workout to Friday.   I plan on sleeping in tomorrow, so it would have to wait until then.  If she doesn't, I will be working on my shoulders at lunch time at work.  I hurt my wrists yesterday after a little spill on my bike, so I don't know how effective my workout will be but I'll still give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment