Friday, March 30, 2012

Yesterday's Race, Today's Arms and Lunch Run

Yesterday's race revealed once again that I just don't have the energy to finish the race strong.  Midway through the race, I just started to fall off the pace of the rest of the group even from the draft.   I was glad not to get dropped right away though since it was fast from the start.  I just need to bring up my endurance to be able to sustain the high pace throughout.  I don't know if now is a good time for it though given I don't take in a lot of carbs during the week, so  maybe I should just expect this for now.  Once I drop the weight I want, maybe I'll be able to have the energy needed to do better.  I'll be eating real food again vs. mostly Met-Rx, and if I can remember last year, this was good for me. 

For this morning's workout, I did my arms but with the rep count for each set, I was only able to do 3 exercises:  2 biceps and 1 tricep.  Time flew this morning, but my arms got a good enough workout.  I also got to work my core, so good enough for this morning. 

At lunch, I hope to do a 4.5 mile run with some people and I'm contemplating taking it easy.  However, I doubt that will be the case once I get going.  I do want to keep running just to get more accustomed to it, but I do wonder how it'll affect my racing.  I'm not willing to give it up this early though, so it is what it is.  Maybe I'll actually focus on racing and do only things that will help it down the road.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment