Thursday, March 15, 2012

Calories, Shoulders and More Cardio

My goal weight (145) may take longer than I expected.  I stepped on the scale yesterday and did not like what I saw (153).  I seem to be going the wrong way despite what I feel is a fairly managed diet.  I've even given up beer!   I downloaded a calorie counter on my phone last night and after plugging in what I eat, it doesn't seem like I'm dieting enough.  Wha?  Maybe I'll be more aware of my calorie intake, and see what happens.  It seemed easier to lose weight last year, but we were probably throwing down more miles on the bike then?  I didn't think so given I ride just about every day (including spin), but whatever.

For this morning, I managed to get up and get a decent shoulder workout despite not having slept well last night.  I didn't push too hard given I don't want to get hurt before this weekend's race, but it was good enough.  I also worked my abs, but I didn't get to work my lower back. 

At lunch time, I'm contemplating what to do for cardio.  I may spin but I may also just do so on my own and not in a class.  My upper things are feeling yesterday's spin class for some reason, so I may have to give them a little lighter session today to help them recover.  I'll definitely take it even more easy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment