Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Conflicts Within Me

This morning, I got up to go to the gym but was conflicted.  I wasn't sure I wanted to go given I was contemplating skipping a workout to give myself some additional rest.  However, Lisa had indicated she wanted to go.  Thus, I was going to just go with her and maybe get my shoulders trained a day early (skipping legs due to this weekend's race).  I would then contemplate skipping my lunch workout.  Ultimately, I ended up not going at all (ironically as Lisa convinced me to go back to sleep), so that's exactly what I did.

Now for training at lunch time, I still remain conflicted.  I don't know whether to do weights or to do cardio.  I think the latter can help me stay trim for this weekend, but it may come at the cost of not giving my legs any rest (I've ridden for the last 4 days).  Then I think I can go ahead and work shoulders, but other than sparing my legs, it doesn't really do anything to help for this weekend.   I brought clothes to do both.  In addition, I still have my bike at work and do have the option to ride at lunch as well...and yes, I brought clothes for that too.  I guess I'll decide on what to do before lunchtime.   Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment