Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Leg Day

Although I did chest yesterday where my back workouts usually follow, I went ahead and worked out my legs since I'll be going to lunch for a work celebration.  I figure that since I won't have any cardio today, I may as well trash my legs in the gym...so I did.

As an example, my first set for calves were 90 reps each leg.  I did 2 additional high rep sets increasing the weight some for each.  I did another calf workout and just kept blowing them out. 

I also did some alternating leg extensions and leg presses where I was pushing pretty hard for as many reps as I could.   The sets were pretty intense where I would have to stop to catch my breath within a set and then continue on until my legs couldn't perform the movement anymore.  I was sweating up a storm on each exercise. 

I finished off with a couple sets of hamstring exercises (seated leg curls) and although it was just 2, each set was performed with a minimum of 50 reps. 

I'm glad I'm not riding my bike at lunch today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment