Friday, June 17, 2011

Yesterday's Race, Arms and Lunch Cardio

Finally got a crit race in yesterday, and one of the concerns was how to prepare for the race nutrition-wise.  Without working out in the morning, I felt hungry throughout the day but ended up eating regular food.   I also drank a lot of water at lunch and after, and all of this seemed to work for the ride.  I also had oatmeal later on in the day, so I felt good for the race...despite having to pee 3 times before the race.  I did have one shot blok before the race just as a precaution and did not have any cramps throughout.  

For today, I worked out my arms and got 4 different exercises in with a lot of reps.  Mentally, I was in race mode thinking I had to push harder and faster each rep, so it got pretty intense.  I had to cut it short though as I had to run an errand in the morning.  I skipped core training as a result.

It looks like there's some drizzle this morning, so I'll probably skip riding at lunch.  My legs feel good though, so I'll probably work on some interval training on the elliptical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment