Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shoulder Pain, Back and Hilly Lunch Ride

With all the training I do, telling people how I hurt my elbow not from weights but from bowling got a chuckle from several people.  Well, I have something that tops that.  Yesterday, I think I actually hurt my shoulder while putting lotion on.  It definitely wasn't from training as I worked out my legs yesterday.   I was reaching over and putting lotion on my right shoulder when I felt a twinge on my left shoulder, which felt like my rotator cuff.  I thought it may have just been an isolated twinge, but I actually felt it on occasion through random movements throughout the day.   Great.

This morning I worked my back and was a little tentative never knowing when I'd feel that sharp pain on my shoulder.  I was extra careful not to do anything that would cause it to hurt, but that made it hard to really focus on the movements as I normally would.  Nonetheless, I still got 4 exercises in for my back with a rep range of 40+ each.  I did an alternating isolated cable pull down, seated rows, pull overs (machine) and angled rows (machine).  I also did abs and a half ass effort on lower back.  I typically do lower back before abs, but I wasn't able to do so since the lower back equipment was tied up.  Doing lower back after abs makes me nervous since I always think my abs may lock up. 

For cardio today, the plan is to do some hills during our lunch ride.  It should be an interesting one considering that my legs feel pretty tight from yesterday's workout.  I was considering bringing my R3 as the compact crank would be very helpful, but I think I'll just man up and ride the standard crank on the BMC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment