Thursday, October 6, 2011

Arms, Core and Cycling?

This morning's arm workout was with a focus on biceps but with some triceps in between.  They're a relatively small muscle group, so hitting them with high reps til failure hurts.  I didn't want to hit my triceps too hard though since I want them to be 100% for this weekend.  My off the seat climb while on the drops can tax them, so I need to make sure they're not in any way recovering from being abused. 

I also got my core workout in today, and it was nice I actually got to use the equipment for this.  I didn't have my iPod today to keep my mind off during these exercises, but it actually worked out better.  Sometimes, change is good.

For lunch, my plan earlier in the week was a light fat burning cardio sesh in the gym.  However, the weather has not let me ride (a real bike anyway) since Sunday.  I did beat my legs up some on yesterday's cardio session in the gym with some progressive interval training, but now I'm anxious to throw my legs over my bike and get some pedaling in.  The last thing I want to do, however, is go hard 2 days out.  Thus, I will go out for a spin only if possible, or not at all and stick to my gym plans.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment