Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Return of Leg Day and Fat Burning

After skipping legs for the last 2 weeks, I got back on track this morning and got some leg training in.  Since I'm in a new training cycle, I hit it really hard today.  As usual, I started out with the calves and man, they were on fire.    I also hit my quads and hamstrings, and I not only did high rep sets, I did drop and descending sets for all of these muscle groups.  I wanted to cry momma, especially after hitting the quads.  I was probably making a spectacle of myself given I kept pushing and pushing, but I don't go to the gym to impress anyone.  I'm there to work.  Overall, this was probably one of the best leg workouts I've had for a while.  I'm really trying to bring up my strength AND endurance for my legs, so I hope this will do it.

I can't possibly ride my bike today.  Well, I can but it would not be a good idea.  I actually want to let my legs recover after hitting the weights, so I'll probably be skipping bike days when I train them more often.  Now I never said that I'm not working out at lunch time for some cardio...just no bike.  I may get on a spin bike just to keep the blood circulating, but the elliptical seems more enticing at this point.  In any case, I will do some form of fat burning today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment