Saturday, October 15, 2011

Yesterday's Ride, Arm Workout and Today's Rest

Yesterday, rather than doing weights in the morning, I opted to get some riding in with Shannon and Gary on the Coffee Crew Ride starting out of CDM or Newport.  Because i had to be ready to roll by 6:30 a.m., the scheduling of getting up and having some food in me to do 30 miles was where I woke up the same time as when i go to the gym.  This change did require me to have oatmeal early and hold off on my Met-Rx until after the ride.  It all worked out in the end.

The ride for the most part was mellow, so it was a good fat burning sesh during the early part.  We did get some higher intensity training on and after the 133, so overall it was a good 30 miles of riding. 

At lunchtime, I still made it in the gym for my traditional Friday arms workout.  I forgot my straps and my ipod, but I still managed to crank up the intensity.  My arms were pretty worked.  I also got an ab workout in as well. 

For today, it was all rest...food consumption was up...and I gave myself a little leg massage with the stick.  I'll probably do it a little more in the morning before I get out for some Como and hill action, but now I just can't wait to get some pedaling in.  Bring on the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment