Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crazy Back Workout and Lunch Ride

I woke up hungry this morning from only having Met-Rx for my meals last night...i.e. no real food.  I had contemplated eating something small before getting in the gym, but the coffee seemed to have suppressed my appetite.  The crazy thing about it was I had a pretty amazing back workout.  Not only did I get one additional exercise in (5 today), but I worked my ass off for each one.  I felt a sense of despair during my workout today, and this always works to my advantage.  In my mind, every rep was an opportunity to make a difference.  Every set was the last chance to do so.  Rest in between was just wasted time.  This drove me to a ridiculous level of intensity.  Needless to say, I had a good sweat going.  Lisa came with me to the gym this morning and was surprised how much I had sweated.   She did cardio, and my sweat was almost equivalent to hers.  HA HA. 

Even with the additional exercise, I still managed to get my core training in (lower back and abs).  This has been more and more important to my training.  I think for off the seat climbing on the bike, the core is so fundamental to holding this position for a long time.  I also got to test this theory out when on the spin bike yesterday, and it was nice to hold it for extended periods of time. 

For today's lunch ride, I'm not sure if anyone has something in mind route-wise, but I'm bringing in the Cervelo.  This may mean some climbing for today, but I'm also not opposed to either a Portola run or Back Bay charges.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment