Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LEGS and Spin Bike

Leg days are hard but with it comes the best feeling of accomplishment when completed.  Ever since I started it up again last week, I've been quite fired up and today was no different.  I always start up with some stretching beforehand, but right after, the trashing begins.  I hit my calves first since I would never have enough energy to finish with them if I started with the upper leg muscles first.  Here, I did some calf extensions with a 50-70 rep range and 4 sets, seated toe extensions with toe straight, toe in and toe out and then back to toe straight.  Then, I threw on a couple standing toe extensions for good measures and with a 30-40 rep range (to failure). 

For the upper leg workouts, I started today with some prone leg curls.  I used a lighter weight and went for high rep to failure for 3 of the 4 sets with the first one being a warm up.  My hammies were cooked since the lighter weight really allowed me to push the intensity barrier.  I hit the kick back machine after and only managed to do 2 sets before I was totally gassed out.  This exercises really wears me cardiovascular-wise, so I couldn't do anymore.  I finished it up with some leg extensions and leg presses for the quads.  The extensions were intense where my first set was probably in the 100 rep range.  I hit more weights and still kept the rep range above 50 after.  The leg presses were the same, but I did hit higher weights than last week.  I was dizzy at the end of the last set and had to fight off puking right after. 

For today, I plan on jumping on the spin bike again.  I'm really digging the training I get from this.  I get to do a lot of core work and get a lot of cardio from it without taxing my legs too much.  It seems to be helping with my climbing, so I'll keep this up and see where it takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment