Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday's Spin, Today's shoulders and cycling

Yesterday's low impact fat burning session was probably more intense than I had originally intended.  I did make it out to bldg 11 to get on a spin bike where I intended to do just that...spin.  Once I got the music going on my ipod though, the pace changed and the intensity kicked in where I ended up doing intervals with some 2-3+ minutes of standing (climbing) thrown in here and there.  I am glad my legs didn't pop.  I was especially worried about my calves.  At the end of the workout, I left a pretty good puddle and this despite sitting right in front of the fan. 

My legs felt thrashed by the time I got home last night, and they did not feel recovered this morning as well.  I was still quite motivated to get a good workout, so the discomfort didn't distract from this.

I had another good workout this morning still focused on my goals.  My shoulders were toast by the end of the workout.  I got 5 different exercises in and still threw in some drop sets when I could.   My right shoulder wasn't 100% for some reason, but I worked around it as best as I could. 

I also got my core training in, although my lower back training was cut a little short given I felt like it was still fatigue from yesterday's leg day.  The abs were okay, and I think I took it to the limit today given I could feel they were on the verge of cramping. 

The plan is to do a coastal ride during lunch since it's expected to be pretty warm today.  I'm not sure how my legs will do, but I'll give it what I have when I can.  I hope the guys also share my "in it to win it" attitude also.

No comments:

Post a Comment