Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Motivation, Back and Cycling

Every morning, I find myself trying to think of something to motivate me to push through my workout.  Lately, the recurring theme has been by focusing on wanting to be my best come January.  The thought of not being able to do my best by then annoys me such that it allows me to push beyond my regular pain thresholds, which makes for a great workout.   In the last 2 weeks, my workouts have left me in a good sweat as I leave the gym, and today was no different.

I got my back workout in and managed to squeeze in 5 separate exercises.  I typically run out of time only have time for 4, but I was limiting my rest time to increase the intensity even more.  To boot, I also got my core workouts in as well.

For lunch, I'm hoping the weather holds up.  As I write this, I see reports of some light rain in LA and some in OC.  I'm hoping it will be fine to ride at lunch as I just finished working on today's route.  I'm looking forward to taking out the BMC again, and my Spinergys are finally back on.  If the weather fails, I'll be in the spin class for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment