Friday, January 27, 2012

Heavy Arms and Lunch Ride

The heavy training saga continued today where I bumped it up for both my biceps and triceps.  I was pleasantly surprised how much weight I was able to move around, so it seems that my arms are the least affected from m previous light weight high rep transition...which I do plan to go back to next week.   Now, I know where all my muscle groups are strength-wise, so I may make some adjustments in my training program and bump up some of the weights I use next week.

I wasn't able to get my lower back trained this morning but I did manage to get my abs done.  I've been a little nervous with my abs since I don't want them to cramp as they occasionally do, and they seem to hint that they will.  I've still been  doing some decent reps though.

For my cardio today, the plan is to get out and ride.  I'm not sure if anyone will be coming out, so I don't know what kind of route I'm going to do.  If no one comes out, I may hit the bike trail and loop around to Shady.  My legs feel better, but heavy training does usually take some time for them to recover.  It was a good move for me to stay off the bike and just do the spin class yesterday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment