Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Setting a Goal, Back Day and Lunch Ride

When I was driving to the gym this morning, I was asking myself what I really want to accomplish today when working out.  I think it's important to have something to work towards, but for some reason I couldn't answer this question.  Earlier on, I've been training hard to peak for last Saturday's ride, but now what?  I do plan on doing more cenury rides and stuff, but I think I need a specific goal as to what I want to accomplish with my body.  I couldn't answer it until after my workout, but I want to get leaner and improve my conditioning even more.  The plan is to improve my conditioning by the L'Etape. 

For my back workout today, I got in 4 exercises and only abs after.  Since I didn't have a focus, I decided to increase the weight some just to get some strength training in.  I still did as many reps as I could, but I did do progressive resistance training and even some pyramids.  I wasn't as fired up as I could be though, so I hope this changes now that I have a renewed goal.

For lunch today, I plan on taking out my Cervelo.  It's been a while since I've ridden this bike.  Last night when I was cleaning it, I noticed that the front wheel just didn't spin up very well.  I guess I never really paid much attention to it since I got it back from when it was last serviced.  I decided to loosen up the hub and wow...the wheel spins up so much better.  I can't wait to take it out today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment