Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shoulders and Lunch Cardio

Consistent with this week's training mode, I upped the weights for my shoulder workout as well.  My shoulders have always been one of the strongest parts of my body, and the weights I lifted exhibited that.  I'm still not as strong as I had been before I shifted my focus to slow-twitch muscles, but I was able to hit some pretty solid numbers today nonetheless.  I was a little worried about my right shoulder during some front cable raises due to some discomfort, but it went away after I warmed up more.  I also squeezed in my core training.

As to my lunch cardio today, I'm thinking I need to skip my lunch ride since I woke up and my quads are feeling it from yesterday's heavy workout.  They didn't bother me too much during yesterday's lunch ride, unlike my calves which blew up pretty early on...as expected.  Now they just feel really stiff where I actually took some ibuprofen before working out this morning so I can make my way up/down stairs.  If I do skip, I'll opt for the spin class since it doesn't seem to have the same affect on my legs.  I will wear my compression pants under my jeans today just to help with the recovery process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment