Monday, January 9, 2012

The Latest and Tapering for the Race

On Friday, I ended up going to Lauren's spin class and even got in a little early to warm up.  It was a really tough class where I'm glad she leaves the lights off because I think at two different points, I ended up spitting since I was on the verge of throwing up.  HA HA.  I didn't plan on going too hard given the ride on Saturday, but Lauren has a way of pushing me so that I can't resist.  I was drenched.

On Saturday, we had a good training ride and I ended up being able to do the ride without any "real" food.  I felt really good, maybe since I had borrowed a friend's wheelset that seemed to spin up a lot better than my Spinergy's.  It may have been due to the new songs I have on my iPod.  It may have been since we had a few people to work with, but whatever it was, I didn't end up needing to eat more than 4 honey stinger gels, 1 pack of shot bloks, 2 GUs and 2 bottles of Ultima.  It would be ideal if I only needed this for next week's race, but I doubt I'll take a chance with only this. 

Sunday I ended up resting, and I was glad my kids were slowing down on their Dance Central 2 games.  Okay, so I got in about 3 dances but other than that, I didn't do much. 

Today, I got my chest worked out and cranked out some pretty good sets with fairly light weight.  I'm afraid to hurt myself this week, so the weights will not be too heavy.  I still pushed the rep range as much as possible.  I'm happy with it.

For today's lunch exercise, it's the spin bike again.   I don't think there's a class, so I'll be in there for just over an hour and get a good solo spin session in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment