Monday, January 23, 2012

Yesterday's Ride, Chest Day and Lunch Spin

After having a food fest on Saturday and having AYCE Korean BBQ, I had a ton of calories I wanted to burn.  I knew Como Street was going to be hard and burn a lot of calories, but when I finished that ride, I still felt like I had a ton more.  I opted to reverse the Como loop and just hit it as hard (but steady) as I could on my own.  By the time I was headed down Irvine Blvd, I did start feeling hungry again.  I opted not to have any gels though on the ride and just sucked down a shot blok to get me back to the p-lot.  My HR was definitely no where near as pegged as it was during Como, which unusually was really pegged for that ride, so it was a great tempo pace.

For this morning's workout, I had an urge to see where I was strength-wise for my chest day so rather than doing the high rep, high speed sets, I did slow it down here and there just to see how much I could push up.  On the bench, after 3 warm-up sets, I was still able to hit 275 lbs for a couple reps.  I didn't want to hurt myself, so I dropped from there and did 135 lbs for 50 reps.  I bumped up the weight on my incline and decline presses also just to see where I was.  It seems when I do my fast high rep sets, I'm only pushing between 1/4-1/2 of my max.   I guess that's okay, but it is nice to know I can throw up some pretty decent numbers still.

For lunch today, the plan is to jump on a spin bike.  Now that I hate the cleats, I may just do it in Bldg 6.  I do like Bldg 11 since I usually can play my music out loud, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment