Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Heavy Legs and Riding - A Bad Combo?

Consistent with the training for the week, I opted to also do heavier weights on my legs today and see how they respond.  I'm always worried about going heavy for legs though since it seems to put a lot of strain on a lot of other areas (groin, lower back, etc.), but I figure one day of this shouldn't be too bad.  I also wanted to focus on my quads, so my calves and hamstrings only had a little work...still heavy though.  I definitely blew my quads up and had a hard time walking down the stairs.  Thank goodness Lisa came with me this morning as she helped me down them.  HA HA

For today's cardio, I usually don't like riding my bike when I train my legs but I also didn't ride yesterday.  I ended up spinning instead and did a session where all I did was stand up and pedal for half an hour.  It was short but I definitely got some sweat going.  I'll need to see how my legs feel before lunch time and make a last minute decision on what to do with spin being the other option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment