Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back and Hilly Lunch Ride

Got in my back workout this morning and had a pretty good workout.  5 exercises with 3 sets each with 20-40 rep ranges.  Still focusing on speed vs. strength so weights continue to be light.  I haven't been doing the drop sets as much given I've been getting worked as it is without doing so.  My strength isn't where it used to be, so I've been pretty much staying with the same amount of weights throughout my sets, but just going to failure.  Failure comes not from when I can't do a rep anymore; it's more from when I can't do another rep at the speed that I want to do it. 

Today's my first day on the new creatine.  Let's see if it works as good as the original monohydrate.  I took one before my workout and another one with my other vitamins before going to work.  That'll be it for me for the day and will be when I plan on taking them daily.

For today's lunch, Paul wants to do hills and since we didn't get to work the hills too much over the weekend, I'm up for some climbing to keep the training going.  I was going to bring in the BMC, but it was wet around my house and the R3 still had the aluminum wheels on.  I hope I got most of the dirt of the R3.

No comments:

Post a Comment