Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pre-race Bike Jitters

So I took my R3 out today and had a great run on it, especially on the hills.  I wanted to see what it could do going up Ridgeline, and the acceleration with the lighter wheels on it felt really good.  My biggest concern this weekend is to not get dropped on the inclines, so today's ride seemed to validate the R3/Easton combination.  I still think I can accelerate harder on the BMC AND the Spinergys, but climbing seemed to favor the R3 today. 

One other thing I was thinking is that it may be damp, so the stopping ability of the Eastons are definitely better.  The Spinergys seem to roll really good, but the wet braking would have me checking up pretty good in the turns if it was damp.   The only concern I have with the Eastons are their ceramic bearings.  Since Shannon indicated they don't have a very good tolerance for moisture, I worry about using it for a damp ride.  Then again, all the bearings on both bikes are ceramic, so I'll probably sit out in inclement weather. 

Let's hope the R3/Eastons work out for me this weekend, but I'll have the BMC on standby in case I have second thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment