Monday, March 7, 2011

Yesterday's Ride, Chest Day, and Cardio

Yesterday's ride was pretty intense, so I wanted to track the nutrition I used for it for future reference.  I had 1 Vanilla GU, 1 Honey Stinger gel and 2 Honey Waffles.  Since it was fairly cool, 2 24-oz bottles got me through although just barely.  Hopefully, this Saturday's century shouldn't require too much more. 

I didn't think I was that tired from the ride and was hoping to do more at home.  However, after uploading my Garmin stats, I crashed.  I think it messed up my sleep last night, but I still managed to get up and get to the gym.

I had a pretty decent chest workout today.  There are some movements that made me feel a little twinge in my elbow, so I guess the strap goes back on today and for the rest of the week.  4 sets of bench press, 3 sets on the pec deck, 3 sets of incline press (machine), 3 sets of decline press (machine) and 3 sets of cable cross overs from the bottom.  I also did abs this morning, but I skipped lower back.

For today's cardio, I contemplated on a little lunch ride but decided against it considering this morning's wet weather conditions.   I'll be hitting up the elliptical instead and hope to get some interval training on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment