Monday, March 21, 2011

Chest and Cardio

Just came back from chest workout with focus on "slow" twitch, not fast twitch, still on.  I was mistaken as to the type which one does what since it's been a while, but I finally decided to look it up again and it's the slow twitch (Type I) that carries more oxygen and better for sustained energy.

I did a lot of reps again on the bench, and I may actually be getting weaker in that I tried to see how many I can do of my own weight.  It was not where it used to be.  However, I suppose that's to be expected.  I continued to hit light weights with lots of explosive reps though and got my 5 exercises in.  I was contemplating some drop sets, but it was enough to just bang out 30+ reps for each set.

Looks like crappy weather today, so I'll be in the gym at lunch for some elliptical.  I hope to kick it up a notch on the cardio, so I'll be hitting the intervals and hopefully stepping out of a puddle of sweat after.

No comments:

Post a Comment