Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yesterday's Ride and Today's Rest Day

In line with other rides, I want to keep track of what nourishment worked in yesterday's ride.  I believe I had 3 honey waffles and 3 honey stinger gels.  I say I believe as I am not able to recall exactly probably due to the lack of oxygen from climbing up all those damn hills.  For drinks, I managed to have 3 ultimas (in the smaller planet ultra bottles) and probably a half bottle of water.  Lastly, I had probably the equivalence of 1.5 shot bloks.  I was on my last shot blok after the last hill so that one had to stretch out for almost 20 miles. 

Legs don't feel as bad as I thought, although I did feel like lying down in a fetal position after getting back yesterday.  They've felt worse, and now, the only thing I want to do is pedal again to get the blood circulating again.  However, it'll have to wait until tomorrow since today is a rest day.

I did cheat on my diet yesterday with a couple pieces of pizza, but it was worth it to be able to hang with the fellas after for some team time.  I did well after and did have a Met-Rx, which seemed to help a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment