Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shoulders and Cycling - Skipped Legs

With a century this Saturday, I decided to skip the leg workout as I normally do to let my legs be as fresh as possible for the ride.  I do plan on riding at lunch today to keep up the conditioning, but I'll likely back off tomorrow unless someone wants to go for a moderate spin.

For today, I worked the shoulders and actually had a pretty decent workout.  I wanted to push a little more today as I've been too cautious the last couple days to avoid injury before this weekend.  That got old so the intensity was up and the shoulders feel good.  I even did one ascending set (vs. drop) on the shoulder press, and I was worked.  

One thing to note is that I've been sticking with the fibrous (vs. starchy) carbs at night.  I've been eating a little more protein as a result, and this so far has not affected my energy during my workouts and rides...so far.  I think I'll stick with this as it does seem to be helping to reduce my bodyfat faster.  I'll carb up though for this weekend starting Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment