Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rest Day and Diet

Today, I took the day off completely from exercise and training.   Although I didn't feel exhausted or anything nor was I feeling ailing like yesterday, I thought a rest day would be good in anticipation of the ride planned for tomorrow.  With Vince, Steve and Shannon coming out, better to save up for it.  One additional benefit of purposely taking a day off is how anxious it makes me feel to get out again.  Tomorrow should be a good day.

For my diet, I am still keeping it in check but I did have a sweet potato this evening with my chicken.  Plus, Lisa bought me some fig newtons, which seem to do wonders for the rides the day after.  Aside from the additional carbs, I did pretty good still keeping my intake in check. 

Lisa mentioned to me how she's noticing how much faster my fat loss is going now that I've been abstaining from starchy carbs at night.  The increased protein and fibrous carbs seems to be helping to tighten me up and without the loss of energy that I was fearful of.  I know at some point this catches up to a person, but the sweet potato tonight should absorb well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment