Sunday, February 27, 2011

60 miler with the guys and 16 more with the lady

GPS stats:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70535731 and http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70535719

The most tiring part of today's ride was just trying to stay warm.  Cold weather was definitely the biggest challenge, especially in the first hour or so.  Pace was not the usual BRCM pace, which was actually nice.  We did go BRCM up the hills though, so that was fun. 

For the 60 miler, I only went through 1 and 1/4 of my bottles.  Maybe even not that much.  I also went through 2 Honey Waffle Stingers (yum!)  and 1 Honey stinger gel.  I also had a small bold coffee at the Starbucks.  That seemed to hold me over for today's ride.

Lisa's been wanting to ride with  me for a while, so I took her out for a 16 miler (coffee at San Clemente and back)  I was trying to provide her a good draft by sitting up right the whole time, and we got 17.5 mph average.  She was doing real well when I'd hold us at 20-22 through some of the stretches, but she tired on the way back at Camino Capistrano.  She did really well though considering she doesn't ride too much.

Since I've been wanting to do a minimum of 70 miles a weekend, today's rides met this quote.  I hope next week is just as good.  2 weeks before Solvang!

I can't seem to get enough food, so I just dusted off a Met-Rx after having had dinner.  Now I guess I just need to get to bed and hope I get enough sleep for tomorrow's workout.  Now should I bring the bike in tomorrow?  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment