Monday, February 28, 2011

Chest Day and Progressive Resistance

It took a little to get up this morning, but I managed to get in the gym on time.  I didn't want to fall behind schedule again this week as I had last week with President's day.  Got my 5 exercises for chest and my 2 exercises for my core.

I typically always do progressive or pyramid training for each exercise, but chose to hit some of the exercises repeating the same weight.  Progressive resistance seems to work real well for building strength, but since that's not the mode I'm in, I thought I'd just max out rep-wise every set with the same weight.  I still believe I'm achieving 100% intensity or close to it, so the muscles are getting worked. 

I decided not to bring in my bike today, so elliptical for lunch training good enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment