Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recovery Day and the Diet

After yesterday's century (http://broadcomcycling.blogspot.com/2011/02/tour-de-palm-springs-2011.html), I decided to take the day off of training today.  I would have gone out for a spin, but my daughter and friend came over for a visit.  I'll resume the training again tomorrow. 

After I got home from yesterday, I was trying to resume my diet but it was tough.  I ate chicken, vegetables, and some light pasta salad and limited my serving.  Due to the long ride, however, I was pretty much hungry after an hour again.  I snacked on bars, and finally ate some treetop black forest fruit snacks to let me not go to bed hungry.   

I woke up hungry as hell this morning, so I had a Met-RX off the bat along with a cup of coffee.  I had about 2-3 bars through the day, and ultimately had dinner with my kids at  Brodard, a Vietnamese restaurant.  I ordered a wokked clear noodless with crabmeat and shrimp, which did filled me up for an hour or so.   I then had one more bar and finally, after starving, decided to have a teriyaki breast with a little more pasta.  I think I'm good for the night.  I just wish the feeling of the void in my stomach would go away...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment