Monday, February 14, 2011

Chest and Cycling Day

One of the things I realized this morning was how I don't snooze the alarm when I get up to go to the gym.  I just get up.  When I wasn't working out in the morning, I would probably hit it about 3-4 times.  I guess I find more meaning with having to go to the gym in the morning, where I get up with a purpose.  Just more insight into the mind of a madman.

I got my chest workout done this morning, and it was another high rep set day with drop sets on a couple different exercise.  My first "warm up" set set the tone where I did 50 reps of 135 lbs. on the bench.  My strength was zapped after that, but I went with the flow and just kept pushing the reps out as much as I can.  I was able to bang out a quick workout to give me enough time to get out a little early and pick up some donuts for the wife.  I did do some ab work and pushed it a little where I was worried I was going to cramp up, but just managed to avoid it.

For my cardio today, I want to hit the bike since the forecast this week looks like rain starting on Wednesday.  Plus, I have my BMC setup now, so it's ready to get some miles on it.  The only thing I don't have on it is a cadence meter, which I'll just leave on my R3.  Speedplays will be in effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment